XOWA provides several options to import a wiki.
Import HTML dumps from archive.org
The Download Central page lists wikis that can be downloaded from archive.org.
- Simple: Find a wiki, click on it, and it will imported.
- Android-ready: Listed wikis will work directly on Android
- Images included: Listed wikis will also include image databases. The options below require downloading images separately.
- Fewer selection: There are currently only a handful of wikis. More will be generated throughout 2016. If you need a specific wiki, please contact me by the Feedback page.
For more info, see App/Import/Download_Central
Import online by click
The Import online page lists 800+ wikis that can be imported by clicking on a link.
- Simple: Find a wiki, click on it, and it will be imported.
- Online: Intended for users who have internet access.
Import offline by script
The Import offline page can generate a script that will import a wiki.
- Online and offline: Can be used by "online users" and "offline users". Offline users must have already downloaded a database dump file. See Wikimedia database dumps
Import by command-line
The Dev/Command-line page offers instructions on importing through the command-line.
- Full control: Offers full control of the XOWA import process
- Complicated: Requires command-line usage. Intended for advanced users.