From XOWA: the free, open-source, offline wiki application
If you've downloaded a dump already, you can import the .bz2 file into XOWA.
Import through Dashboard/Import/Offline
- Go to Dashboard/Import/Offline
Import through Dashboard/Import/Online
- Place the dump file in the wiki's directory. For example, if you have a "simplewiki" dump, put it in /xowa/wiki/simple.wikipedia.org/
- Rename the dump to "simplewiki-latest-pages-articles.xml.bz2". The final path should be "/xowa/wiki/simple.wikipedia.org/simplewiki-latest-pages-articles.xml.bz2"
- Go to Dashboard/Import/Online and click on the "latest" link.
- You will get a prompt about the file already existing. Answer "No" (do not delete the file).