Simple Wikipedia is a smaller wiki with 180,000+ pages and 90,000+ images. The text version can be setup in less than 5 minutes, using only 200 MB of disk space. The images version is a little larger: it needs 30 minutes of download time and 2 GB of space.
Part 1: Import the wiki
- Launch XOWA
- Find the link for "Set up Simple Wikipedia" near the middle of the Main Page.
- Click on it. The import process will start and should complete within 5 minutes.
- Visit different pages in Simple Wikipedia. Note that XOWA shows images for the pages by dynamically downloading the images online.
Part 2: Download all the images for offline viewing
filezip from archive.org: https://archive.org/details/Xowa_simplewiki_latest
- Unzip the files in your xowa root directory. When you are done, you will have a file called C:\xowa\wiki\simple.wikipedia.org\simple.wikipedia.org-file.xowa as well as many others.
- Visit any page in Simple Wikipedia. All images will now be loading from the offline databas.
- This bundle also has Simple Wiktionary, Simple Wikiquote and Simple Wikibooks