App/Setup/Installation/Self extracting exe
From XOWA: the free, open-source, offline wiki application
XOWA currently uses a self-extracting exe for its windows upgrade package. This page documents the steps to generate the package.
- Download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/
- Download the 7-zip sfx module from http://7zsfx.info/en/ XOWA uses version 1.5 (build 2712) from http://7zsfx.info/files/7zsd_150_2712.7z
- Generate the 7-zip .7z archive (xowa_upgrade.7z)
- Create a UTF-8 text file (config.txt) and enter the following
;!@Install@!UTF-8! Title="XOWA" InstallPath="." OverwriteMode="0" ;!@InstallEnd@!
- Run the following command to merge the two files into an exe:
copy /b 7zsd.sfx + config.txt + xowa_upgrade.7z xowa_upgrade.exe