The Score Extension transforms LilyPond or ABC markup into musical scores and / or midis
The Score extension depends on LilyPond. This package is fairly large (90 MB) and not portable (i.e.: it must be installed).
The following are installation instructions per operating system.
- Go to the LilyPond Windows download page and download the "Windows: LilyPond *.**.*-*" package. At time of writing, this link is "Windows: LilyPond 2.16.2-1"
- Run the exe. Choose the default installation path (C:\Program Files\Lilypond) or your XOWA bin directory (C:\xowa\bin\windows\lilypond)
Linux (Ubuntu, Mint)
- Open up a terminal and run the following:
sudo apt-get install lilypond
- This should install to /usr/bin/
Mac OS X
[Note: No testing has been done with Mac OS X machines, so these are best guesses]
- Go to the LilyPond Mac OS Xdownload page and download the proper "MacOS X *.**.*-*" package.
- Install the package. It should install to /bin/
After the installation completes, you will need to specify the directory.
- Go to Options/Score.
- Configure the lilypond binary to whatever directory you chose above.
- For Windows, that will probably be "C:\Program Files\Lilypond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe"
- For Linux, that will probably be "/usr/bin/lilypond"
- For Mac OS X, that will probably be "/bin/lilypond"
- Configure the abc2ly binary
- For Windows, that will probably be "C:\Program Files\Lilypond\usr\bin\python" (note that lilypond ships with python)
- For Linux, that will probably be "/usr/bin/python" (note that the abc2ly.py script must be in the same directory as python)
- For Mac OS X, that will probably be "/bin/python". (note that the abc2ly.py script must be in the same directory as python)
When you're done, visit Diagnostics and click on the Score links