XOWA recommends that Linux users download and install ImageMagick and Inkscape according to their distribution requirements.
Ubuntu instructions are listed below. Other distro-specific instructions will be added as feedback is received.
For more information about the config, see the section below.
Ubuntu users should run the following in a terminal:
sudo apt-get install imagemagick sudo apt-get install inkscape
Config (all distros)
- Navigate to Options and check "Download enabled"
- Restart XOWA and navigate to any page. Any images will be downloaded automatically.
Note that XOWA assumes that ImageMagick and Inkscape have the following paths:
If these paths are different on your system, you will need to update the config file. Instructions are provided below. If you run into issues, you may want to visit Dev/Config_files for more information.
- Open /xowa/user/anonymous/app/cfg/os.gfs in a text editor.
- Update the path to whatever it is on you system.
- Repeat for the other paths
- Save the file and restart XOWA.
If you need to compile ImageMagick from source, you can try the following:
- Navigate to the http://www.imagemagick.org/script/install-source.php
- Download tar.gz.
- Unpack the archive to your home directory (EX: /home/username/imageMagick)
- Run the following from a terminal
./configure make sudo make install sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib